Monday, March 2, 2009

One of those days

I haven't had the best day ever. Parts were great, but mostly not. I wish I could trade my body in for a new one, but I guess that's not an option. Last Thursday in class, I got brave and made a comment. Now, I get terrified in classroom settings and never speak. I'm more a fan of absorbing and forming my opinions quietly, because most of the time I don't have an opinion on what we're talking about yet. So I spoke up. I had a normal comment, but when I speak, my mind goes blank and murky...same when I bear my testimony in church (or on a bus, as my YAs will attest to). Well, I spent two minutes trying to say what I meant, using stupid examples that weren't really great examples of what I was trying to say, my mind completely fuzzy, and it was really bad and embarrassing, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. Why?! Now I am terrified to go back to class, because I sit in the front row every day and I get so scared that people are going to look at me and think I'm stupid. Ugh.
The bright points in my day consisted of being with my parents, eating a fabulous dinner with Alex, and having my beautiful friends tell me specifically that they made it into MDT! Annabelle is using my foot as a pillow right now, which completely makes up for the fact that she chewed up my cell phone charger today, and just may have electrocuted herself.
It makes me sad when Alex is frustrated because tonight I can't do a thing about it. I want him to be able to sleep for 8 hours more that once a month, and I want the internet to always work, and I want his silly chemistry to make sense and to work for him.
And this weather. I need the sun!! I am ready for the spring!!! Soon, please!
p.s. Hugh Jackman is stellar. His opening song at the Oscars? Hilarious! Definitely my favorite part of the night.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am the SAME way in class! Funny how we can get in front of hundreds of people and sing and act with no problem, but just making one little comment in class is so dramatic...

And oh, Annabelle. I'm glad she dind't get electrocuted :)