Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My life!?!

So yesterday morning I woke up about 8:30 to another cute text from this amazing guy I'm not supposed to like yet. Complicated. Not really. In the situation, it's perfect. However, I fall quickly back to sleep because I was up texting said person for a long time last night.

10:00 rolls around and there is someone at the door. I'm vaguely hearing this because I'm so tired! Well, my dad gets the door and I hear a "Wow! I can't believe it!" from him. Then he calls my mom down. She sees who it is, and says, "Oh! I'll get dressed and come down!" I am still dozing in my bed. Mom runs in. "Melinda! Get up! It's Bryan!"

Bryan? My Bryan who's not mine anymore? The one I haven't talked to in about four months? Really? He's engaged. I know it.

So I get up and throw a shirt on and brush my teeth and march downstairs in a drowsy state. There he is, standing in my kitchen, facing my mother. There it is, in my mother's hand. His wedding announcement. How did I know?! Wait. That's not all. After congratulating him, he says, "Yeah, it's tomorrow." In my sleepy haze I thought I heard him say TOMORROW. I did. Apparently, when he found out we'd not recieved an announcement, he brought one by.

He's been engaged for three months. So, for the last three or four months, as I've been tortured in my soul over him, and whether or not he's the one for me, he is engaged! In the back of my mind, I really always thought we would end up together. I would go through all my lousy boyfriends and then it would be him. There was always Bryan. Yet, just a few weeks ago, I was talking to my mom and determined that, although I will always have that place in my heart for Bryan, I'm not in love with him anymore, even the memory of how we used to be. It's hard to imagine that he is married right now. But I am so happy for him! The things that were majorly holding me back still hold, and if they are ok with his wife, then that is amazing!

The Lord's timing is incredible. I was able to get over Bryan on my own, because it wasn't right, and not because he was engaged and I had to. Someone new has appeared and it has the potential to be amazing. We'll have to see what happens, but I have really truly met a great, smart, funny, charming, faithful, return missionary, chivlarous guy who for some reason thinks that I'm great, too! All I know is that I am the happiest, truly happiest, that I've been in such a long time. I am so excited to go to Nauvoo and have the incredible opportunities it brings!