Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A little thing

Yesterday was the first day of school. 8 am class rolls around and I'm pretty out of it. I'm just happy I'm there on time. After all of the student designers introduce themselves (I'm the last one) and what show they are working on, a girl next to me turns and says, "Did you do sound for Kristy Kadish's mask club?" And, quite taken aback that anyone would know I did that, especially with my "new" last name (I just changed it at school after 2 1/2 years of marriage...), not to mention that it was a year ago, I said, "Yes!" And she said, "Oh! It was really good!" I thanked her, then the teacher started talking.

I worked REALLY hard on that mask club. I spent hours on end listening to music, cutting music, editing tracks, meeting with the director and cast to figure out what worked best- poor Alex listened to a whole lot of violin music while I was on it. I was extremely proud of the work that I had done. I got a big thank you, multiple times, from the director, a pretty perfect grade on it, and a few compliments from my friends and family that came to see it. But... when you work as hard as I worked on anything, there is a big part of you that wants recognition, right? Or is that just me? I wanted people to gush over how brilliant and inspired the sound design was. Well, that didn't really happen to the extent that I wanted it to. However, a year later, a girl remembering my name enough to tell me that she liked my work was so amazing! It lifted my spirits and got me in school mode just in time to dig deep into my design for Stage Door.

Thank you, random other student designer, thank you!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Glad you had such a good moment on the first day back!