Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Life

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Mind you, life isn't that exciting right now, so there's not much to tell. I feel like I'm in 'mommy-mode' because little Belly was kind of sick yesterday. I've been under the weather as well this past week. My sore throat won't quit, but after an entire week of coughing after I said anything, it's better today. We've been back from Nauvoo a whole week! It's crazy.

Amazing vacation. Probably the most fun I've had on vaca with my both of my parents ever. And I got to sit next to Alex for 18 hours. What's better than that? It's a really hard drive, friends, but it's worth it. Nauvoo is the most amazing place. I'll admit that I was a little nervous to go back as a tourist. I didn't want to be totally sad that I wasn't there with the pageant, and get all down on myself. However, despite numerous hormonal overloads and breakdowns from yours truly, it was a great vacation! If I was short with anyone or seemed like I was out of it...it was the period talking, I swear!

Annabelle had a lovely time at the grandparents' house and even got her cousin, Vash the crazy Dachshund, to play with her for about 15 minutes. We had a lovely time with Ashley and Peter! I can't believe Ashley's pregnant. We had fun FINALLY getting to spend some time with Peter, after a year of marriage! I guess that's what happens when your best friend lives across the country. On our way home, we stayed in this great hotel in Des Moines, where we saw none other than Shawn Johnson


in the hotel lobby getting breakfast like the rest of us. Yes, folks, she eats eggs, too. She looks just like herself!

Good vacation brought to you by:
MadLibs, Harry Potter, VeggieTales, ice cream, hot husband, good friends, and the Spirit.
Thanks to all those who participated.

2 comments:

brittany said...

Melinda, I kept reading the top part of this post over and over thinking, "Is Melinda pregnant? Is "Belly" her baby?" Anyway, I discovered Belly was your puppy. Silly me.

Glad you had a great trip!

Katie said...

Jealous!!