Friday, August 28, 2009

Best of Times, Worst of Times

At the beginning of the year, when school was about to start, I looked everywhere for my backpack. Seriously, everywhere. I couldn't imagine where it had gone. I was very sad and had to endure last semester with my YA bag as my backpack, which looks really cool, but is extremely uncomfortable to wear for an extended period of time, especially if it's heavy.

So a few days ago, Alex was getting ready to go on a business trip. As his lovely and dutiful wife, I was helping him pack, despite my devastation at his leaving me. I decided he could take the small suitcase, which doesn't get used much, as he was only going to be gone a few days. As I opened the small suitcase, there, in all it's padded-shoulder glory, was my lovely purple backpack. I have no idea who decided to nest it in there right before school started, but suddenly, in my sorrow, I was so extremely happy that I actually got a little less anxious about school, and relieved that I would be able to lug my books around without killing my shoulders and back. The moral of the story is that even when it seems to be the worst day ever, you can still find things to bring you joy!

1 comment:

The Boothes said...

The WO of business trips. Believe me I understand!!!