Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Last Day

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. Yes. Cliche? I don't think so...because it's true. Tomorrow I start rehearsals for Nauvoo. Long, all-day, awesome rehearsals. When that's over, I go to Nauvoo. When that's over, I get ready for school. When school starts, Young Ambassadors starts. After YAs start, I have no life until May. It's a good thing I'm not dating anyone right now, because I'd never see him. That's a positive! Deep breath.

I'm a bit nervous...well, terrified...to do our Sociable. Right now I'm on the list to do 'Astonishing' from Little Women. I can't do it. I tried last night- my voice is not used to that place. My mom said I'm 90% there, which is also scary. I wish I could do an easy classical song!!! Well, we all give up something. I am excited for rehearsals, though. I'm excited to be doing something! Focusing on one thing and doing my job. And what a job it is! I'm so blessed to be able to work for the Church in the way that I do. I'm not a good speaker...I think a formal mission would kill me...and those around me. Seriously, just bearing my testimony is bad. Maybe I should take a class. Hmm.

Big news: I have a crush on my chiropractor's son. I've no idea why. But it feels good to have that feeling that won't be returned again!! I feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things, and could actually enjoy going on a date. It's been a long time coming, but my faith in guys is slowly being restored by all my awesome friends. Well, it's my cousin's birthday dinner. And my sister is coming in!!! I am so excited to have her for two whole weeks!! My brother-in-law was just here, and it was so much fun! I've never felt like we were friends- he kind of assumed the 'brother I never had' position when he married my sister. But now I feel like we are! I loved having him here. He's awesome!

Off to dinner and airport. Or something. My friend, Paul, came to visit me today and it was so much fun. Hooray for amazing friends!!

2 comments:

Adriane said...

Yay for you and yay for you blogging! I love my twin!

brittany said...

melinda! i didn't know you had a blog! i love it! and you will rock at "astonishing!"