Friday, June 25, 2010

The V Word

Monday, little Belly Bear had to face her biggest fear- the vet. She was shaking so hard I thought she was going to fall out of my arms. She's ok, it was just for her yearly check-up and vaccinations. The nurse at the front desk was not very nice, which made me feel badly for my little one. Belly's usually ok with the vet if I hold her when they do whatever they do, but this time she was NOT having it. She squirmed all over the place, paws tangling in my hair, trying to escape over my shoulder and down my back. It was a little funny. But they took her to the back to finish, and when they came back in the room, my little baby had a muzzle on! It was the tiniest muzzle. Apparently the only volume she has on her is from her hair. I felt so badly for her. She's never had to wear a muzzle in her life. The vet said she was fine, just needed to be socialized more.

Um, EXCUSE ME?! Socialized more?!

I tried not to be offended for myself or Annabelle. I told him that she loves other animals and loves people, just hates the vet. I mean, what animal really likes going to the vet? I was upset that he would assume that she was this badly behaved all the time. I am a really good pet parent, and I have trained my dog well! She is a great dog, and everyone that meets her, loves her.

I didn't really trust the vet after that.

p.s. On a gross note, she's been licking herself a LOT since then. Is that normal? It's like every other minute. It's like she's getting a little OCD.

No comments: