Thursday, March 22, 2012

Every time...

I get sick nearly every time I go on vacation.  I can count on one hand the number of times I haven't gotten sick.  Alex was feeling sniffly last week and I pounded him with everything we had so he wouldn't get sick during his midterms.  It worked.

Well, Sunday night I went to bed happy as a clam, and Monday morning I woke up with a scratchy throat...and it just felt like there was something in my eye all day that I couldn't get out.  6:30 pm rolls around and I'm telling my mom about my eye- when it hits me.  Pink eye.  I know what it feels like and this is definitely it.  By the end of the night I can barely open my eye.  Next morning, it's sealed shut from gunk.  Angie drove me to the instacare in Walnut Creek.  The doc said it was just an infection- not full blown pink eye, but gave me antibiotics.  Eye started getting better, throat got worse.

Yesterday, my eye was even better, throat was even worse.  Couldn't sleep well because my house was so darn hot and I couldn't breathe.  Today, even worse!  Dayquil and Sudafed helped slightly, but I'm still icky.

The worst part is that tomorrow we leave for Disneyland.  I really, really hope I get better soon.  I will already look really great because I can't put eye makeup on my infected eye, and I don't want to be the party pooper and miss out on our really fun vacation!!  Oh well.  I will survive.

But if I'm sick for Hawaii in December...so help me...

1 comment:

April said...

so not fun! hopefully you get feeling better soon! :)